Sunday, June 14, 2009

Scrapbook class and leftover scraps for cards...








A couple of weeks ago, I was asked by our Relief Society to do a 2 page layout for the ladies in our ward. I must admit, it was harder than I expected. LOL. I scrapbook all the time, but I scrap around my pictures not just a layout to use sometime. The other challenge that I took upon myself was that we had a My Minds Eye paperstack that hadn't been being used. I wanted to show everyone that we could all do a similar sketch but also use the paperstack. That meant that each persons papers would be different, but the layout the same. Now on a small scale, this isn't so bad. I have a cricut so being able to cut embellishments per layout with individual colors would be a snap. However, trying to get 12 people's cutouts done and their layouts completed in only 1 1/2 hours presented a different challenge. Anyway, I ended up NOT using my cricut at all except to cut out in advance the teddy bears and the word summer. By using brown, I could then cut them out for them to use on whatever color of paper they choose. All in all, it turned out fun and it was neat to see each person's personality come alive in the paper they chose and the finished layout. Here is my layout and some cards I made with leftover scraps from their layouts. Fun fun...




No comments:

Post a Comment