Saturday, December 4, 2010

Gift Card Holders



Hi. Well I had a few minutes tonight and decided to do one more challenge for the cyper crop. The challenge was to make 3 gift card holders. Each of these cards when opened has a pocket inside that will hold a gift card for the holidays. I actually only needed a couple of these, but..... since it called for 3, I made 3. My favorite is the z-fold card on top! I love that one. That one was also the fastest to do and the easiest to put together. I'll be making more of these types of cards in the future but since I needed 3 different ones....The second one is using the new lattice feature in MTC. I hadn't used it before so I thought I'd give it a try. Super easy and I love the results. It only took seconds to create the lattice cutting file. Way cool. And last but not least I decided to do a shaped card. I love penguins and this one was "fat" enough to hold a gift card inside. LOL. All in all, it was fun. If you like the bear file, he is the "fat bear" from the Treasurebox Pals set at www.treasureboxdesigns.com. He's the second bear I've cut from that set and I LOVE him! I love love love the bears but I have been having a heck of a time trying to find anymore textured brown cardstock. I used to buy this at my local scrapbook store for 4.99 for 50 sheets and then used a 40% off coupon so it made it really inexpensive. I only have a few sheets left and can't find any brown locally in a color that I want for my bears. I did find some, but they wanted $.69 cents a sheet for it! Are you kidding me! For a single colored cardstock! NOT. So my quest continues and I have to admit, even ebay has failed me on this one. Sigh. We'll see......
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: