Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Make a Wish Layout













Ok....have you ever had a ton of pictures laying around that you just never got to? Well, I've had these birthday pictures of my son for a long time....he's had two more birthdays since these were taken and I've never scrapbooked them. Why you ask...well it was because we had a family birthday party, a friend birthday party, plus the normal pictures that I take of a birthday and so I had a TON of them. When I start a project, I like to finish it and I knew that these pictures were going to take me quite some time. So..... I finally got around to getting them done. They are fairly simple, but hey, at least they are done! We had an army party for my son and I found this cute little font online that was of all these army people...perfect as they were the exact same plastic army men that I bought for his cake and also for various games at this party. His invites were fun and said, "I don't know what you've been told, but Kaden (blank) is (blank) years old. Please wear camo to his party as we are going to be in the army." The boys had fun and we played lots of different games and even had "dirt" pudding for dessert. The boys loved the "worms" in the dessert and had a great time. All in all, when I got them done, it was 15 pages. Yikes! LOL. But they turned out really cute and the pictures were such a fun reminder of what a good time they had. Boy am I thankful for the feature of putting text on my actual pictures so that I could remember all the fun details. If I was trying to do it from memory now, all the cute stories would have been lost. So I'm really glad that I usually take the time to put text right on my pictures before I develop them so that I don't loose those stories. As it is, I forgot the dog tags and the invites that I had at home so they aren't on these pages but the pages are DONE and that's all that counts. Love my little army people and my MTC that makes it possible to find the absolute perfect image for any page. Did you notice my bear is holding a cute little army helicopter. Adorable! Love it and love that they are finally done and out of my to do list!

http://www.cookingwithcricut.com/2011/07/challenge-41.html





http://www.youhadmeatcraft.com/2011/07/week-7-made-it-myself-mondays-and-guest.html





http://craftspotbykimberly.blogspot.com/2011/07/monday-challenge-16-ink-it-up.html




http://amandascraftsandmore.blogspot.com/2011/07/getting-scrappy-challenge-12.html





Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun party:) Cute layout!! TFS and thanks for joining us this week at Cooking With Cricut:)
    ~Madison CWCDT funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute layout! Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout! Thanks for playing with us at Cooking with Cricut :)

    ~Roberta, CWC DT
    www.txscrappermom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great party and wonderful LO! Thanks for linking up with us at Cooking With Cricut this week.

    ~ Jen, CWC Design Team
    www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute layout! I love the adorable bears! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute LO...the bears are adorable ! Thanks for playing along at My Craft Spot !
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think all scrapbookers have that problem...hehe! This is such a cute LO! Those bears are adorable! Thanks for inking it up with us at My Craft Spot this week!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a very cute layout! I just fell in love with your sweet bears! I'm your newest follower. Please stop by and check out my blog if you get a chance too.
    Jenni
    http://mylollpopgarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun layout! Those bears are adorable. I love their sweet little faces!
    Thanks so much for playing along at My Craft Spot!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a darling layout! Love it! Thanks for joining the challenge at My Craft Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heidi, your layout is absolutely adorable!!! I just love your army toys and bears.. Thanks so much for joining another one of my "Getting Scrappy Challenges" and I hope you will join in on this weeks..

    Scrappy Hugs,
    Amanda:0)

    ReplyDelete